Our full corporate name is Brown & Watson Company, Inc.
We issue our invoices as Brown & Watson, Inc. DBA: Butler Sand & Howard Sand
We are a third generation family owned and operated company
President: Mike Watson Vice President: Dennis Swearingen General Manager: Rob Eskew
A Brief History
Sept 4th 1954 - Howard Sand Company, a rail plant, was established by Joe Brown in Howard, Ga.
Aug. 9th 1958 - Butler Sand Company, a truck loading plant, was established by Lewis Watson Jr. in Butler, Ga.
Both companies supplied concrete and masonry sand for central Georgia and the greater Atlanta areas.
1977 - Brown and Watson Company Inc. established by Lewis Watson Jr. and second generation Harold Brown.
1988 - Butler Sand Company began selling golf sand products for the golf industry.
1995 - Butler Sand Company moved from Hwy 19 to its current location on Lewis Watson Jr. Road.
2011 - Howard Sand Company moved to its current location in Mauk, Ga. as a blending plant serving the West Atlanta and West Georgia markets.
2018 - Butler Sand Company's 60th Anniversary!
Joe Brown Harold "Buddy" Brown Lewis Watson, Jr. Mike Watson Dennis Swearingen