Our full corporate name is  Brown & Watson Company, Inc.

We issue our invoices as   Brown & Watson, Inc.  DBA: Butler Sand & Howard Sand

We are a third generation family owned and operated company

Officers

  President: Mike Watson       Vice President: Dennis Swearingen       General Manager:  Rob Eskew

  • Facebook Social Icon

A Brief History

 

  Sept 4th 1954 - Howard Sand Company, a rail plant, was established by Joe Brown in Howard, Ga.

  Aug. 9th 1958 - Butler Sand Company, a truck loading plant, was established by Lewis Watson Jr.  in Butler, Ga.

             Both companies supplied concrete and masonry sand for central Georgia and the greater Atlanta areas.

  1977 - Brown and Watson Company Inc.  established by Lewis Watson Jr. and second generation Harold Brown.

  1988 - Butler Sand Company began selling golf sand products for the golf industry.

  1995 - Butler Sand Company moved from Hwy 19 to its current location on Lewis Watson Jr. Road.

  2011 - Howard Sand Company moved to its current location in Mauk, Ga. as a blending plant serving the                  West Atlanta and West Georgia markets.

  2018 - Butler Sand Company's 60th Anniversary!

Joe Brown
Harold "Buddy" Brown
Lewis Watson Jr.
Dennis Swearingen

      Joe Brown              Harold "Buddy" Brown             Lewis Watson, Jr.                       Mike Watson                      Dennis Swearingen

© 2023 by Name of Site. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Facebook Social Icon
Mike Watson